AWS Security Hub Workshop
29 October 2020| Sofia
Information and information system security is one of the most important topics today. Before architecting any system, foundational practices that influence security should be in place.
With GDPR in force, securing and protecting yours and your customers data is a vital part of every business both on-prem and in the cloud.
In this seminar, HeleCloud will share its expertise and showcase how you can secure your data stored in AWS by utilizing some of the security tools that the vendor provides and by following the AWS security best practices to help you out with this task.
You’ll see how to use and combine AWS Security tools to analyze, respond and remediate events like:
- Reconnaissance – Activity suggesting reconnaissance by an attacker, such as unusual API activity, port scanning, patterns of failed login requests, port probing from a known bad IP.
- Instance compromise – Activity indicating an instance compromise, such as cryptocurrency mining, backdoor command and control (C&C) activity, outbound denial of service activity, unusually high volume of network traffic.
- Account compromise – Common patterns as API calls from an unusual, unusual instance or infrastructure launches, infrastructure deployments in an unusual region, and API calls from known malicious IP addresses.
What you will learn
This one-day seminar on data security in AWS introduces you to the fundamentals, relationships, necessary principles and overall context for securely managing resources in the cloud.
Hands-on experience with the following AWS security and compliance services:
- AWS Security Hub
- AWS Config
- AWS GuardDuty
- Amazon EventBridge
We will focus on the following topics:
- Introduction to security in AWS and basic concepts
- AWS Security Hub Workshop (hands-on)
- AWS Security Hub walkthrough
- Create Custom Findings with AWS Config
- Security Hub findings – remediation and response
- Security Hub integrations
Duration: 8 hours including lunch break and two 15-minutes coffee breaks
Number of attendees: Up to 20 attendees